20080224

liveblogsis

So last Sunday (ha, talk about regular, frequent updates) I attended the Live Blogging Thingy '08. Not as one of the featured bloggers, of course -this thing is barely started- but as one of the half-dozen audients. It was kind of neat. I was there meeting my sister, of Bunsnip, who can -now that she knows I'm online- proceed to criticize my linguistic inadequacies in the same endearing way she does others'. (I kid)
She suggested maybe if I kept this up I might be invited next time. To think, I could become so famous I can gather a dozen people together to hear what I say. Come to think of it, I can already do that, sort of. Yup, that's me, worming my way into the whole intarweb.

Afterwards, the three of us saw The Spiderwick Chronicles, which I went into expecting to at least enjoy Tony DiTerlizzi's creature design. It's not the equal of Labyrinth or Legend, and suffers from trying to be more Epic than it needs to be, but it stands up well to most any other fantasy movie in the last couple decades.

1 comment:

Sra said...

Sweet, a post about my moment of fame!

Actually, far from criticizing your language (which I still reserve the right to do in the future), I want to commend you for using the word "audient". I think it's a grand word that simply must catch on with the general populace.

The next blogging thing is supposed to be in April sometime, btw. I'll let you know.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Additionally, for clarification I grant that "unauthorized commercial use" generally only applies if the work itself is the object of exchange, and specifically that a site with click-through or advertising income is welcome to share it (attrib, no-deriv, otherwise non-com), so long as the work shared is openly available to all and not subject to sale or paid access. Any elements of my works that might be original to others are Fair Use, and you are left to your own to make sure your own use of them is likewise.